University Of Kansas
Overland Park, KS
Graduated: December 2007
Major: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
University Of South Florida
Graduated: May 2000
Majors: BA in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences (Anthropology and Sociology) and in History
Minor: English (composition)
GPA: 3.97, graduated summa cum laude
Computer Skills and Knowledge
Programming and Markup Languages
- HTML (hand code)
- CSS (hand code)
- some XSL/XSLT
- some SQL
- Rally (CA Agile Central)
- Version One
- Axosoft OnTime Scrum
- Axure RP Pro
- Blueprint Requirements Center and Blueprint Cloud
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
My professional site featured a blog of Web accessibility and usability news and commentary.
For over three years, I was the Webmaster and Editor for iSQL-Viewer,
an open-source database software project.
Anitra's LinkedIn profile
Current Location: Tampa, FL
SXSW Interactive 2008
Targeting Your Web Site: Accessibility Litigation Update panel:
Mike Wasylik and I discussed how recent court decisions expose website owners to liability for lack
of accessibility and ways to protect yourself.
SXSW Interactive 2004 (Austin, TX)
Accessing Multimedia: The Object of My Perception panel:
A panel of experts that discussed alternative methods to deliver media content to those with disabilities or using mobile device browsers. My
presentation covered multimedia on handheld mobile devices.
SXSW Interactive 2003 (Austin, TX)
Website Demo (Review) panel:
A panel of experts that reviewed audience-submitted websites. I evaluated site
usability and accessibility.
Scrum Master Contractor
2015 - 2016
Serve/American Express (Tampa, FL)
- Coached a distributed cross-functional team on Scrum best practices and continuous improvement.
- Removed impediments or helped the team find the right people to remove the impediment.
- Facilitated discussions and team ceremonies, including the daily scrum, product backlog refinement, sprint review, sprint retrospective, and sprint planning.
- Ensured cross-team coordination.
- Assisted the Product Owner with refining the product backlog.
- Supported the team in deploying tested code every two weeks for a high-volume customer service application.
- Contributed to their Scrum Master Community of Practice; specifically, the user story title standardization effort that defined content and format standards to enable automated reports.
Lead Business Analyst
2015 - 2015
Wolters Kluwer (Tampa, FL)
- Managed three direct reports, including one offshore resource.
- Defined requirements management best practices for Agile (Scrum) teams.
- Facilitated the product backlog refinement for Scrum teams.
- Planned and led multi-day requirements and story mapping workshops with up to 20 stakeholders.
- Facilitated the definition of team agreements such as the user story Definition of Ready.
Senior Business Analyst
2011 - 2015
Arbitration Forums (Tampa, FL)
- Assumed the Scrum Master role to support an Agile (Scrum) team.
- Facilitated release planning, sprint planning, product backlog refinement, and sprint review.
- Ensured on-time software delivery by monitoring Scrum team progress using tools such as sprint burn down charts and release burn up charts.
- Posted and kept information radiators up-to-date.
- Acted on behalf of the Product Owner to write user stories and refine the product backlog.
- Designed and moderated usability tests for a SaaS application. Analyzed the results and recommended ways to improve the rate of task completion and ease of use.
- Designed and analyzed an online card sorting exercise with remote, external stakeholders to identify a more intuitive way to organize information.
- Led the requirements elicitation and analysis for a 1+ year SaaS application project:
- Managed user acceptance testing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managed project scope, milestones, and risks.
- Presented for the April 2012 Blueprint Virtual Users Group (BVUG) with my Business Analyst team our process for using Blueprint Requirements Center.
Systems Analyst Contractor
2010 - 2010
ES&S (Election Systems and Software) (Omaha, NE)
Short-term contract to write formal use cases and develop data entry forms in Java for election software.
- Wrote UML use cases of proposed system functionality using Enterprise Architect.
- Designed and implemented Java data entry forms using NetBeans IDE.
- Built a custom template using Enterprise Architect to automatically generate use case and requirements documentation:
- The template eliminated 100% of the previously required manual edits.
eCommerce Project Manager/Business Analyst Contractor
2008 - 2009
Orchard Brands (Hillsboro, OR)
Long-term contract covered 2 consecutive projects and the re-launch of 7 retail eCommerce sites.
- Managed the relationships and website integrations with 14 vendors for the 7 eCommerce sites.
- Managed scope, milestones, and risks to keep the integrations successfully on schedule.
- Interviewed on-site and off-site business stakeholders on existing processes to reveal system gaps.
- Designed test cases for third-party integrations and assisted with QA testing.
- Mentored a junior project manager.
Usability/Information Architect Consultant
2008 - 2008
Daimler Trucks North America (Freightliner) (Portland, OR)
Short-term contract to analyze and improve the usability of the IT department's Intranet.
- Delivered a creative brief that defined the project scope, audience, goals, and deliverables.
- Interviewed key IT department users to assess their goals, common tasks, and information regularly referenced on the Intranet.
- Conducted online card sorting exercises to assess and refine the effectiveness of navigational labels.
- Submitted a final report summarizing major findings and recommended changes to improve the Intranet over the short- and long-term.
Project Analyst - Sourcing Operations
2006 - 2008
H&R Block (Kansas City, MO)
- Managed the vendor relationship with Perfect Commerce, resulting in a 40% average improvement in response time on support issues.
- Provided operations support for the PeopleSoft/Oracle corporate financials system:
- Managed relationships with four vendors to resolve over $1M in electronic payment (A/P) issues.
- Collaborated with groups of internal and external stakeholders on strategic sourcing process improvement projects to elicit user needs and document the project requirements and timelines.
- Integrated results and stakeholder feedback from past projects into current projects.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
2006 - 2006
LaGarde (Olathe, KS)
- Managed web-based software projects to meet performance benchmarks for budget, deadline, and customer satisfaction.
- Consulted with clients to elicit and document requirements and design screen mockups.
- Proactively managed client expectations and changes in project scope and requirements.
- Directed three to five team members per project.
- Trained clients to use their software deliverables.
Product Development Analyst
2004 - 2006
Perfect Commerce (Kansas City, MO)
- Transformed internal and customer requests into detailed functional requirements, screen mockups, and use cases.
- Contract Manager project, a 1-year $1M software re-write and integration initiative:
- Collaborated with offshore and US remote teams to elicit requirements.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews to create a project gap analysis.
- Presented weekly project status updates to senior management.
- Documented the functional requirements and coordinated with Development and QA to ensure proper implementation.
2004 - 2004
AuctionPlus (Overland Park, KS)
- Managed listing operations for over 100 eBay auctions per month, including photography, auction descriptions, bidder inquiries, bidder payments, and shipping.
- Developed listing optimization procedures that resulted in an average 15% increase in final selling price over competitive auctions for similar items.
- Hired, supervised, and trained three store employees.
- Managed all store operations, including merchandising, inventory, purchasing, customer service, and scheduling.
Senior Interaction Architect
2001 - 2004
Kansas Information Consortium (Topeka, KS)
- Designed usable, accessible web applications and sites that met state agencies' and citizensí needs:
Kansas Income Tax online application, won the E-Gov 2003 Trail Blazer award.
- Elicited client requirements and documented the functional specifications.
- Planned and moderated usability tests and used the results to improve the web application and sites.
- Ensured the web applications and sites complied with US Section 508 and state Web accessibility guidelines.
- Introduced CSS-based Web design techniques and trained four co-workers on how to implement it.
These techniques reduced development time, created modular designs, and made future redesigns easier and faster to implement.
- Led the State subcommittee that revises the Kansas Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (2 years).
- Represented the company as an expert speaker on web accessibility and usability at the 2003 and 2004 SXSW Interactive conferences in Austin, TX.
Wireless Web Contractor
Project: Multiple-Platform Mobile Style Guide
Little Springs Design (Lawrence, KS)
- Researched and wrote usability and design guidelines for the usage of XHTML Basic, XHTML MP, and CSS MP for "3G" (WAP 2.0) mobile device browsers.
- Marked up the Style Guide content in XML, adhering to a custom DTD.
- Helped edit the Style Guide.
1999 - 2000
Auction Management Solutions (Tampa, FL)
- Consulted with clients to design promotional websites that fit the clients' marketing needs.